PeeringDB Admin Committee
- Purpose is to oversee the administrator mission and volunteers.
- Interested in volunteering? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PeeringDB Admin Committee Charter
The PeeringDB Admin Committee (AC) is responsible for the day to day end-user support of PeeringDB. The Admin Committee functions as the first point of contact for any inquiries to PeeringDB. The Admin Committee produces definitions for enhancements to the workflow and Admin GUI and works with the Product Committee to plan a coherent roadmap for the PeeringDB software.
Out of Scope
- Work covered in the charter of the Operations, Outreach, Product, and further to be established Committees
- Take care of support tickets, the Admin Committee strives to answer tickets within 24 hours
- Gather input from end-users regarding the improvement of PeeringDB in terms of bugs and product features and channel them towards the Product Committee via GitHub
- Improve PeeringDB Admin GUI to help expedient resolution of support tickets
The Admin Committee works with other PeeringDB committees to ensure an equitable division of development resources in recognition of the volunteer efforts that are ensuring the daily operations.
The PeeringDB Admin Committee members serve a one-year renewable term. Volunteers can submit their candidacy to the Admin Committee chair. The chair and vice-chair will choose a new Admin Committee member at any time they see the necessity to ensure the continuity of the Admin Committee. There is a trial period of one month. New members are onboarded by a more experienced committee member (WebEx / Google Hangouts / 3 example tickets). After the trial period appointment is confirmed by the chair and vice-chair for one year.
- Individual committee members should do their fair share of tickets measured over a month
- If a committee member is away for an extended period of time, inform the chair, vice-chair and a notification sent to the Admin Committee mailing list
- One month probation where they get taught/mentored by an experienced admin, and where if they do not do the work, they get booted
- Chairs perform a quarterly review. If you don't meet a fair portion of the work you'll be nudged. Also, three months of inactivity is an automatic ejection
- Questions and suggestions for the Admin Committee can be sent to Admincom Mailing List
- On- and de-boarding is handled via the Admincom GitHub
- All other issues, also for Admin GUI bugs and features must go to the regular GitHub
- Any support questions should be directed to the Support Address
- Admin Committee uses slack and emails for internal communication
- Regular (4-6 week interval) conference calls are used to stay synced and discuss issues
Admin Committee members will decide on their own when handling support tickets according to the Admin Committee BCP laid out in the Admin Committee How-To Folder. Otherwise, they will decide by simple majority vote on contested issues called by the Admin Committee chair.
Admincom uses DeskPRO and GitHub as well as direct communication with the main service contractor 20C to achieve its deliverables. In communicating with 3rd parties the Admin Committee should be kept in the loop if the issue is of general interest.
Version 1.0 2019-05-02
- Hendrik Braasch
- Stefan Funke (Chair)
- Christoffer Hansen
- Peter Helmenstine
- Julimar Lunguinho Mendes
- Arnold Nipper
- Job Snijders (Board Liaison)