How can PeeringDB help me to interconnect?
Create and account and register in PeeringDB to get started.
Please log bugs and feature requests at GitHub.
Several PeeringDB mailing lists are listed below.
Questions, comments and everything else should go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have changed the way in which PeeringDB will be announcing future enhancements, changes, maintenance windows, and other information. If you would like to be notified of certain events, or participate in certain discussions, please subscribe to one of the following email lists:
All PeeringDB administrative announcement information, such as upgrades, maintenances, outages, etc.
Discussion list for PeeringDB governance issues. This is a community-based effort, the community’s input will help guide the future of the PeeringDB as it has always done.
Discussion about PeeringDB technical topics.
Discussions about PeeringDB translations.
All other topics.
Our goal is to give you all the information you want, and no more. Please subscribe to any of these lists you feel are appropriate, or none. You will still be able to use the database even if you are not subscribed to any lists.
PeeringDB is available at https://www.peeringdb.com/ with self-describing API docs at https://www.peeringdb.com/apidocs/. More thorough docs are at API Specs, but in a nutshell, just prepend the URL with
api/ to get that object in JSON.
List all via API by taking the
The release notes list the GitHub issues and a summary of what has changed in PeeringDB software releases.
- [es] Guía corta para uso de peeringdb.com - Fabián Mejía
- [pt-BR] Guia de cadastro de informações de ASNs no PeeringDB - Julimar Lunguinho Mendes / Equipe de Engenharia
- [pt-BR] Guia de cadastro de informações de Facilities no PeeringDB - Julimar Lunguinho Mendes / Equipe de Engenharia
The tools page features tools developed by PeeringDB users.
Tutorials and workshops
High-level HOWTOs provide a beginner detailed instructions on how to get started using PeeringDB.
- PeeringDB Tutorial, learning the GUI and the API at APRICOT 2020, Melbourne, AU - February 20, 2020 - Arnold Nipper
- How is PeeringDB organised? and The PeeringDB API at DENOG11, Hamburg, DE - November 10, 2019 - Arnold Nipper
- PeeringDB Workshop at AfPIF-10, Balaclava, MV - August 20, 2019 - Arnold Nipper (video starts at 14:00)
- Part 1: Intro, Part 2: Main, Part 3: API at APRICOT 2019, Daejeon, KR - February 27, 2018 - Arnold Nipper (video)
The presentations page has a complete list of PeeringDB presentations that were given at events around the world.
Source code audit
PeeringDB commissioned a full audit of PeeringDB's source code in 2018. Computest (the auditor) prepared a Third Pary Memo, this memo provides a high level overview of the outcome of the source code audit. The report is available here.
The PeeringDB beta server runs the latest beta software version, with full access over HTTP and the API. Note that changes made to the beta database are local to the beta server only, and are not reflected on the production servers.
The latest changes to PeeringDB automagically redirects to the list of issues on PeeringDB's GitHub repository that document all of the changes in the current beta version.
- MySQL dumps from July, 29 2010 to March 14, 2016 are archived by CAIDA at http://data.caida.org/datasets/peeringdb-v1/.
How you can help
Check your entries and make sure everything looks correct
Port any scripts to the new API
Send us feedback
Improve these docs
Add or improve a translation
Thanks for your feedback, we look forward to hearing from you!