PeeringDB Outreach Committee
- Purpose is to coordinate outreach and evanglism in the community.
- Interested in volunteering? Contact email@example.com.
PeeringDB Outreach Committee Charter
Approved by Board July 9th, 2020
The PeeringDB Outreach Committee (OC) is charged with the marketing efforts and running the organization's external engagement to continuously improve the value that PeeringDB delivers to the organisations registered with PeeringDB, and the broader community.
Out of Scope
- The OC Committee does not work on other areas, such as product development, as these are managed by the other respective committees and defined in their respective charters.
- Gather inputs from the other respective PeeringDB committees on developments and significant updates and ensure these are communicated the community
- Coordinate with partner committees and prepare presentations with relevant PeeringDB updates
- Identify and attend relevant community events to publicize PeeringDB developments and engage the community to drive additional records to be created
- Identify marketing opportunities for relevant PeeringDB activities
- Share key milestones and engage with the community through social media channels
The PeeringDB Outreach Committee members serve a one-year renewable term. Volunteers can submit their candidacy to the Outreach Committee Chair. The Chair and Vice Chair will choose a new Outreach Committee member at any time they see the necessity to ensure the continuity of the Outreach Committee.
- Questions and suggestions for the Outreach Committee can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Committee members will decide by simple majority vote on contested issues called by the Outreach Committee Chair.
PeeringDB Common Committee Charter Provisions:
If the committee handles an issue in a manner in which a user believes that their view has not been adequately considered, their first action should be to raise the concern with the Committee Chair for further consideration. If the dispute is between the user and the Committee Chair then the issue may alternatively be raised with the Committee Vice Chair. If the dispute cannot be resolved the matter may be brought forward to the PeeringDB Board. The decision by the PeeringDB Board shall be final.
Committee Chair and Vice Chair
The committee elects their Chair and Vice Chair from among their members, subject to PeeringDB Board approval. The Chair and Vice Chair work as a team and distribute the workload between themselves as they deem appropriate. Decisions should be unanimous, however the final decision on any matter is with the Chair. In case the Chair becomes unavailable, the Vice Chair may assume the position of Acting Chair. If the Chair or Vice Chair become permanently unavailable, replacement(s) are elected from the remaining committee members, subject to PeeringDB Board approval.
- December 3rd, 2019: Meeting Notes
- January 7th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- February 4th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- March 17th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- April 7th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- May 7th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- June 2nd, 2020: Meeting Notes
- July 7th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- August 4th, 2020: Meeting Notes
- Greg Hankins (Chair)
- Aaron Hughes (Board Liaison)
- Arnold Nipper
- Ben Ryall
- Bijal Sanghani (Vice Chair)
- Rebecca Stanić