IX-F JSON Importer
PeeringDB allows networks and IXPs to update entries via the IX-F JSON import feature.
The Importer abides by the recommendations of the Data Ownership Task Force and its resulting Policy Document. Most significantly, this means that unless the tick box
Allow IXP Update is enabled by a network, published data will not automatically become unpublished nor will unpublished data automatically become published.
There is a tick box
Allow IXP Update which governs the behavior of the Importer. By default this is set to disabled.
Allow IXP Update is enabled, a network entry at an IX may automatically be created, changed, or removed. The network's IX entry is completely governed by the settings in the IX-F JSON data provided by the IX.
Allow IXP Update is disabled, differences in data provided by the IX and the network will result in the following:
- An email to the network with details about the differences.
- An email to the IX with details about the differences.
- Admins for the network will see hints for their network within the PeeringDB web interface. These hints may be accepted or dismissed.
- The network and the IX are encouraged to reach out to each other to resolve any differences.
IXP Update Tools:
Previewbutton shows the changes that will be performed or suggested during the next IX-F import, depending on the
Allow IXP Updatesetting.
Postmortembutton shows a log of recent changes performed as a result of IX-F imports.
To enable IX-F JSON import:
- Make sure that your JSON file is valid.
- Provide a URL to your IX-F JSON data. To do so, click Edit on your IX web page and set the
IX-F Member Export URLto the URL and set
Enable IX-F Importto enabled. You may also set the visibility of your IX-F JSON URL.
- Daily at 0000 UTC, the IX-F JSON data will be retrieved and processed by the Importer. The steps above for networks will then be followed.
If the IX-F JSON
state field is present, settings of
operational may be used to indicate a network is operational, while a setting of
inactive will be interpreted as the network not being operational. This may be used to denote a network in the process of connecting but not yet active, or a network on hiatus.
IX-F Import Preview:
Previewbutton shows the changes that will be performed or suggested, depending on participant
Allow IXP Updatesettings.
- A JSON form of this preview is available at: https://www.peeringdb.com/import/ixlan/###/ixf/preview (replace ### with the ID that appears in the URL after /ix/ when viewing your IX page)
Note: The Importer expects that you also provide IP addresses. If your IX-F JSON has an empty member_list or only contains ASNs, there will be no useful information. You might want to disable the import.